Missionary Intensive Debriefs
An invitation to tell your story
Email [email protected].
Are you feeling?
- Confused by conflicting emotions of grief, joy, anger, relief, guilt, thankfulness, a sense of achievement, a sense of failure
- A desire to have a place to share both the good and the bad of missionary life and not be judged
- Overwhelmed with the challenges on and off the field
- Stressed at the realities of transitioning back to life at “home”
Who is this for?
- Any missionary who is currently on the field or has transitioned to the the U.S. within the last few years.
- Couples and individuals in need of a safe place to share their story and be understood and encouraged.
- No childcare or children’s program will be provided at this time. We ask that all parents make other arrangements for their children.
- We host intensive small group debriefings of around 6 people at this time. We provide a mix of free time to rest and enjoy the refreshing beauty of nature as well as structured debriefing sessions and healing prayer.
- We encourage you to unplug from media and electronic devices and be as present as possible throughout the entirety of your stay.
- If you have recently experienced a traumatic experience or crisis situation on the field and are looking for debriefing on these issues please note that a group debrief is not the appropriate setting for trauma and crisis debriefing.
- If you have any questions or concerns about whether or not Sanctuary Inn would be a good fit for you please contact Kara Githens- [email protected]
Location & Accommodations:
- Sanctuary Inn is located in Welches, OR at the foot of Mt. Hood.
- Our meetings and meals will be held in the beautiful Lodge.
- Sanctuary Inn has a riverfront beach, a large field for games, a covered basketball court, a peaceful trail in the woods, and a frisbee golf course.
- Meals are shared with the larger community staying at Sanctuary Inn.
- Lodging for your stay will be in individual rooms with community bathrooms.
- $350 per person – meals included
Space is limited! Register today! Email [email protected].
Currently works as the Care Coordinator at Sanctuary Inn. She is a Western Seminary graduate with masters degrees in Counseling and Intercultural Studies. She knows and understands the cross-cultural life, having lived in Brazil for 15 years as an MK. She and her husband Micah (also an MK) have two precious young daughters.